The map collection includes Ordnance Survey maps, county, London suburbs, parish and local authority maps, estate plans; transport and utility maps, street and district maps. The maps cover Alperton, Brondesbury Park, Cricklewood, Dollis Hill, Harlesden, Kensal Green, Neasden, Northwick Park, Queen’s Park, Queensbury, Stonebridge, Tokyngton and Twyford.
Ordnance Survey Maps: Middlesex, NW London and Brent
- 1” to mile: Various revisions, 1822 – 1971.
- 2 ½” to mile: 1956.
- 6” to mile (Middlesex series), 1864 and subsequent revisions to 1919
- 25” to mile (Middlesex series), 1860, 1894-6 – 1897, 1912 – 1915, 1935-6.
- 1: 2500, from 1948 with revisions to 1970s
- Middlesex county maps, 1593 – 1963
Various maps of London and environs, 18th – 20th centuries including Rocque’s London and 10 miles around, 1741 – 5 and Stanford’s London and Suburbs 1862.
These document the land holdings of older estate owners like All Souls College as well as the speculative activities of late-Victorian and Edwardian suburban developers like Tubbs, United Land and Imperial Property Investment.
Parish and Local Authority Maps
- Willesden Enclosure award, 1815
- Tithe maps (copies) for St Mary Willesden and St Andrew Kingsbury, 1838-85
- Parish/local authority maps of Willesden, Wembley, Kingsbury and Brent, 19th – 20th centuries